Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Welcome to TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world’s leading off-price retailer of clothing and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2018, TJX had over $35 billion in sales, more than 4000 shops and 249,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
This job has a crucial role to play within the Creative Team. You will be joining a large inhouse creative and production team who produce pan-European work across six markets. Our multi-disciplined creatives have class leading industry experience who create work for TK Maxx and Homesense, delivering everything from tone of voice guides through to all-encompassing social media campaigns.
Based in our busy creative studio in Watford, the Design Manager will be responsible for the design and creation of a wide range of work for TK Maxx and its sister brand, Homesense – both part of the TJX global retail company.
The successful candidate will demonstrate high levels of creative expertise to develop and create design content for anything from ATL print campaigns to internal communication flyers and everything in between covering ATL, in store signage, corporate responsibility campaigns including Red Nose Day, email newsletters, social and web content.
An experienced and hands on creative fully versed in the design and art direction process. You’ll be as happy concepting and creating a big idea as you are churning through the smaller stuff.
Whilst you will have a reporting line, you’ll be comfortable to work independently and in teams across multiple projects.
Versatility is key. Proficiency in Adobe creative suite is a must and the ability to take design across different touch points and any retail experience, a massive bonus.
Reporting into the Manager of Art, the Design Manager will play an influential role. Giving full support to their Manager of, driving projects under their guidance or in their absence and critically developing junior team members. They will also have specific responsibility for delivering key elements of design throughout the year.
- Creativity. Our creative is full of personality and flair and so are our team. We love bold, fun creative that never takes it’s self too seriously.
- Versatility. Experience in designing for a variety of channels. From press ads to digital screens and social campaigns, in-store signage to toilet door signs and everything in between. Adobe Creative Suite is a must but are you able to create exciting animations or edit film? Then we’d love to hear from you.
- Fashion and retail experience. You’ll get excited about fashion and understand what it takes to get the message through in a busy retail
- We’d love to see a portfolio full of eye catching, fun and exciting work that packs a stylish punch.
- Multitasking. We work in a fast-paced studio You’ve got to be comfortable working on multiple projects at one time. Life here is never dull!
- Commercial awareness. You’ll understand the business needs of a large retailer. Getting the message through to our customers… and making it pretty!
- Outstanding attention to detail. Obviously. And you’ll be able to take your ideas and designs to a high standard of finish.
- To be able to follow and interpret creative direction to ensure that they deliver compelling and differentiating 'on brand' creative.
- To find inspiring, innovative and creative ways to bring the TJX brands and product categories to life.
- Working closely with the Manger of Art to develop and define, differentiating and compelling communications and content.
- Support the creation and delivery of photographic and content assets to meet the demands of a fast paced retail business.
- Working with the Creative Resource Manager to define and improve 'creative team' processes, ensuring that they are efficient and integrated.
- To identify opportunities for continuous improvement of creative processes.
- Working closely with Ecom designers, Manager of Art, and Brand & Marketing partners, to ensure a consistent and optimised Omni-channel approach to all activity; brand, Loyalty, Social Media, PR and Digital Media.
Team and Relationship Management
- To embody a positive and creative attitude at all times.
- To create a positive, supportive and innovative culture within The Creative Team as a whole.
- To support the development of junior creatives within the team.
- Work with third party production partners, creative and freelance resources to achieve results.
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with the TJX Core Brand and Marketing team, E-commerce teams and business functions to help facilitate the TJX omni-channel vision.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Design professional with qualifications in Graphic design and digital design.
- Experience of working as part of a creative team as a senior designer for a large retail business.
- A creative thinker and idea generator with a strong creative eye.
- Puts the brand and customer at the heart of design development process.
- Ability to create and deliver to tight deadlines to ensure the timely delivery of daily, seasonal and project works.
- Experience of working with best practice creative processes.
- Experience of the end-to-end design process from concept to final artwork delivery.
- A passion and understanding of photography and design.
- Great team player with strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Some experience in managing third party agencies to deliver results
- A positive, creative and influential personality.
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'