Job Profile for Design Manager - 00025616
I am currently recruiting for a Design Manager to be based in the CHeshire area, working for a main contractor operating in the Construction Industry. The first project for the Design Manager would be working on a large Commercial Development in Sheffield, managing the design process.
The successful Design Manager will have relevant experience in the industry, preferably relating to the Student Accommodation industry, and possess a good knowledge of Building Regulations, as well as also being educated to the level of NVQ 5 or equivalent. A proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Word & Excel is desirable. You will also be expected to mentor the assistant design manager and report to the Design Director.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Design Manager looking to take the next step in their career and continue their professional development.
Design Manager Position Overview
- To manage the design process for Student Accommodation
- Mentor assistant design manager
- Review design drawings in accordance with Building regulations
- Attend internal and external meetings
- Review design proposals from internal and external consultants ensuring most competitive and effective solution arrived at
- Support Procurement Department in evaluation of alternative design solutions offered by subcontractors
- Research and develop new products for alternative forms of construction
- Monitor Health & Safety issues
- Continue professional development
Design Manager Position Requirements
- Experience in Design Management
- Education or qualification to a level of NVQ 5/Professional qualification or equivalent qualifications
- Good knowledge of building regulations
- Good knowledge of relevant software - AutoCAD/Adobe Acrobat/Word/Excel
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Flexible with travel
Design Manager Position Remuneration
- Salary: DoE
- Working hours: Mon-Thurs 8am to 5pm, Fri 8am to 3.30pm (guide)
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job