If you are experienced in construction projects as a Design Manager and you are keen to drive your career to another level by gaining experience on a £350 million plus mixed hotel and resi scheme, welcome to the team.
About the company:
Our client is an international construction and concessions group with over 100 years of history and who reported sales of over €3.2 billion for 2017. The UK and Ireland business was established in Ireland in 2016 with a major healthcare project and the branch office in London opened the following year. They have since been actively seeking projects which build on their core strengths as it looks to expand its presence in the UK and Irish markets.
Location - Principle initial project London, Zone 1.
The tasks outlined below are specifically tailored to the OWO and are not intended to be exhaustive. The successful applicants must be flexible and adapt to project specifics, dependant on the form of appointment and the procurement methods involved. Day to day working will involve communication directly with the lead design manager, construction director and overall project director and include:
- Managing the design on site with, where appropriate, the assistance of other site based resource implementing the design management procedures to ensure the timely production of information.
- Where nominated, controlling the design change process management.
- Provide guidance to the project team on design related issues.
- Analyse and monitor detailed construction programmes and ultimately find improvements in design delivery date to increase the flow of information to site, thus raising efficiency in procurement and overall project delivery.
- Ensuring the construction team have all relevant design information to feed the construction programme and packaging up information for ease of use on site.
- Interfacing with the Clients design team, overseeing the design development and the design review process.
- Manage and monitor design delivery against agreed deliverable dates, and report to the lead design manager on performance issues.
- Identify and manage the design related project risks.
- Contribute to the project risk register and ensure OHL can fulfil its CDM role as a principle contractor in a zero harm safety environment.
- Recognise design driven opportunities for the benefit of the project.
- Manage and obtain design approvals from the authorities and the client where the principle contractor is responsible.
- Be the point of contact for design issues with all parties and provide technical assistance on design variations and obtaining approval from stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the project complies with all current legislation and codes of practice where there are contractor design portions of work.
- Progress and performance reporting for monthly project contract reviews.
Key skills and qualification:
- Degree level qualification in architecture or engineering equivalent.
- 10 years post qualification experience working in the design and construction of the built environment.
- Experience of working in the BIM environment, model interrogation, Excel and Cloud based project document systems.
- A strong background in design, construction and delivery of complex multi-million pound projects with logistically challenging builds.
- Solid communication skills for presentations and the ability to lead large group meetings.
- Strong mentoring skills and leadership qualities with a proven track record in the development of junior members of the team.
- Design Manager
- Model Interrogation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job