Exciting opportunity to join a market leader in their field. Great location with easy access and a fantastic/vibrant team environment.
The Design Manager will be directly responsible for the management of the in-house Design and Development team at the Company. This position is intrinsic to overall success of the greater business, providing Design focus that ensures the implementation and success of the Product development strategy throughout the business. The role will contribute to their market leading position in designing ergonomic technology support products on a global scale.
Working closely with the Design Director and key business stakeholders, you will manage the Design team and all new design and development projects, ranging from initial exploration through to final product launch, expanding and enhancing their already extensive award winning product range.
Reporting to - Design Director
* Working with the Design Director, prioritise all current and future Development projects and ensure wider business objectives are achieved whilst maintaining design intent, quality, timescale and competitive product edge.
* Work closely with all key stakeholders to compile new design briefs for all projects and product refreshes.
* Manage the in house design team in a responsive, creative and structured way to maximise creativity and efficiency.
* Communicate effectively with the Design Team to ensure they are aware of all key requirements including the strategic impact that projects have on the greater business.
* Maintain a well-balanced; enthusiastic and highly motivated design team capable of working through tough challenges with innovative and exciting results.
* Ensure the Design Team; along with the support of Project Management adhere to the published Design Schedules whilst maintaining the agreed product attributes.
* Work effectively with the Operations team in order to refine products that are well thought through, robust and able to be manufactured in volume with ease.
* Produce concise and thorough project update information that effectively communicates project progress.
* Be an intrinsic element in implementing the 'Future Vision' for the Company and have proactive involvement and engagement throughout the process
* Have previous experience in Product Design/ Design Engineering and seeing products from initial concept stage through to off tool in production process - Ideally 6+ years
* A wide understanding of manufacturing process and material used in product development. Including experience working with Far East suppliers
* Have an excellent working knowledge of Product Design / Mechanical Design
* Proven and effective management skills
* Ability to proactively interact and communicate at all levels across the business
* Excellent time keeping and awareness and understanding of implications with delays.
* Highly literate in the use of IT systems including Solidworks 3D CAD
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Direct and decisive combined with a methodical approach
* Hard working and enthusiastic approach
* Proven problem solving experience and able to work under pressure
* Proactive and driven to succeed
* Honest and works with integrity
* Able to build positive and lasting relationships
* Commercially aware and a keen interest in the wider business
Job Title: Design Manager
Reference No: 236393
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: c£52,000 + package
Please apply to Paul Surridge, Operations Director; ;
RHL is a specialist Recruitment Consultancy within Design, Engineering & Manufacture talent acquisition.
Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) acts as an Employment Business and as an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job