Design Manager (Main Contractor)
£40,000 - £60,000 + Car or Allowance + Excellent Benefits
My client is a Construction Main Contractor operating in the Oxfordshire area, they are currently recruiting for an Design Manager to join their growing, successful team. As a business they work across commercial, retail, education, healthcare, civil engineering and industrial sectors.
The succesful candidate will work on Design & Build projects ranging from £5M to £60M, initially based on a circa £60M mixed us development in Oxfordshire.
As a key member of the project team and reporting to the Project Manager, the Design Manager will manage the timely delivery of technically compliant, cost-efficient quality design solutions for the project delivery stage.
- Managing the timely delivery of a cost-effective design that is compliant with the main contract obligations
- Identifying and managing risk from drawings, specifications and project programme
- Establishing the scope and design responsibilities for subcontractor work packages and the associated design and procurement programme
- Scheduling and chairing workshops with design consultants and subcontractors
- Establishing design deliverables and associated issue dates with design consultants and subcontractors and allocating design deliverables to the work packages
- Supporting construction and commercial staff with the management of change to ensure design and commercial aspects are mutually compatible
- Ensuring as-built details are properly recorded and models and drawings revised accordingly
- Promoting buildability and value engineering solutions
Applicants will have the following experience:
- Ability to lead a design team from outline design to detailed design
- Produce cost effective designs to required timelines and construction deadlines.
- Commercial awareness and value engineering to increase margin and/or value to client.
- A thorough understanding of the design and risk management processes.
- Programme and produce design programmes/controls for timely information release to procurement and construction teams.
- Experience in the education, commercial, leisure, retail, distribution and leisure markets.
- Experience of appointing specialist and multi-discipline consultants would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of current CDM and Building Regulations
- Experience of managing document management systems
Applicants will have the following:
- A degree in a construction/design related qualification
- Competent user of Microsoft packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word
- A relevant CSCS card
- A driving licence
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please call Ryan Pearson on or email your CV to
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.