£50,000 to £55,000 + package
Our client, an established and reputable North West Contractor with a turnover of £50 million, are currently seeking to recruit a Design Manager for the region.
The business delivers construction projects from £5m to £15m as main contractor. Projects tend to be in Residential Construction. The role will be based on-site, working hands-on and closely with site teams, supply chain and architects to ensure that the design’s work.
- Value Engineering and advising on alternative methods of construction.
- Controlling design activity on Design & Build projects at pre construction and delivery.
- Trouble shooting and advisory role at company level as well as hands on with key projects.
- Managing Design output to agreed programmes on projects.
- Providing professional advice with regard to design risk / opportunity, to the commercial, design, delivery and client teams.
- Producing, agreeing and managing realistic design programs and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
Experience & Attributes
- The role suits someone who likes to be hands on, actively engaged in day to day design activities.
- A qualified Architect or Engineer, with experience in either a Technical Department with a Main Contractor, or several years’ experience in a residential lead Architect.
- Enthusiastic, and career minded, who has a cradle to grave understanding of projects.
- Commercially astute with knowledge of value engineering and buildability.
- Strong people and team working skills with the ability to develop and build upon relationships with colleagues, suppliers, consultants & sub-contractors.
- A career demonstrating progression and loyalty.
- Experience of building projects valued £5m to £30M+.
- BREEAM Experience.
- Computer literate, proficient in AutoCAD, Revit or Sketch Up Microsoft project programming software, excel, word.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in education and modular construction methods preferred.