A new Design Manager role has just landed inHove, Sussex.
Are you closing out a contract and looking for something new?
- Location: Hove, Sussex
- Contract Type: Freelance
- Start date: 12th March 2018
- Duration: 18 months+ (contract extension available)
- Rate / Salary: £300-£350 per day dependant upon experience
- Randstad CPE contact: Nikki Page at the Maidstone branch
New build RC frame social housing residential project valued in excess of £30 million with approx. 12 months until practical completion.
- To support the implementation and manage the control of the design process to ensure that the design and procurement of specialist packages are delivered to meet requirements and in line with cost parameters.
- To support project delivery teams by providing design input and cost solutions.
- Manage the implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet requirements inc budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval.
The design should deliver:
- Safety in construction & use.
- Quality within affordable parameters.
- Ease of maintenance & energy efficiency.
- Innovation to meet customer goals.
- Manage & ensure effective briefing of the project team including M&E elements. This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties or novated design teams to ensure that they meet specification & compliance, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties.
- Provide advice and guidance on the "buildability" of the design to the construction teams on all packages.
- Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities as required.
Lead the management of the design deliverables programme:
- Ensure there is a clear schedule of design deliverables.
- Lead the coordination and production of design data, bid deliverables, reports and documentation essential to the project and contractual requirements and report progress against the design deliverables programme.
- Proactively contribute to the Risk and Value Management process.
- Proven experience in delivering design services and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
- Leadership skills in a matrix organisation are required to deliver design services in a timely manner with a customer and business sector specific focus.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- Know 'what good looks like' in bid submissions and work winning with hands on experience of delivering work-winning bids in a timely manner.
- Experience within the most current forms of procurement.
- Relevant Professional membership with an appropriate institute, e.g. RIBA, BIBSE, IET, aligned to the workstream is recommended.
- Excellent IT Skills relevant to the business stream are desirable and Microsoft Office is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of codes of practice and other regulatory material.
What you will get in return:
- A very competitive day rate.
- Opportunity for contract extensions. Several of our Design Managers have been with the organisation in excess of 2 years.
- Access to a host of training course through Randstad CPE.
- The chance to work on a well resourced project.
What to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your latest cv. If you are seeking a new role in the future please feel free to contact Randstad CPE's Maidstone branch for a confidential discussion where we can provide advice, assistance with training and update you on our latest vacancies.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.