Design Manager - Cardiff - £65,000 basic plus package
My client is an established privately owned main contractor who predominantly work within the Education, Commercial, MOD, Distribution and Retail sectors. They execute a variety of projects including: New Build, New Build Extension and Refurbishment.
They currently enjoy a turnover of c£250 million and manage projects ranging in value from £2million up to £35 million with a select client base secured on a competitive and negotiated basis. The business have brought on high quality staff at Senior level and intend to continue doing so at all levels across the business. The order book is secured for the next 18 months, which is a fantastic achievement.
- Experience in working for a top 20 contractor would be beneficial.
- Architectural or Operational backgrounds will be considered.
You will closely with a Head of Design Manager (dependant on project value) and work alongside a site based Project Manager when involved with a live scheme.
The role will be Pre-Construction biased working closely with the Head of Design.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Previous experience as a Design Manager
- Managing the day-to-day design process on the project
- Ensuring that the works are constructed in accordance with the Clients and Developers requirements
- Maintain and update project reporting.
- The ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Working day to day along the commercial team
- A strong work ethic allowing you to deliver upon your deadlines.
The ideal candidate will:
Have strong communication skills
Be systems orientated
Have experience of large value Sub-contract packages
Have an understanding of M&E
Have exposure of Groundworks packages
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply. For further information, please contact - Oliver Smith - at Edge Careers.