Your chance to join one of the fastest growing Tier 1 Main Contractors in the UK!!! On the back of several major project wins in the Central region we have been asked to supply an experienced Design Manager to help support these works. As a site based Design Manager you will work on design and build projects ranging from £15m - £75m in value. Our client prefers their Design Managers to come from a Construction background rather than an Architectural route. Candidates who have crossed over from Site / Project Manager positions in to Design Manager roles are of particular interest.
Design Manager responsibilities:
- Coordination of all design issues on site, reporting into Project Director.
- Attending Design Team Meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Good working knowledge of building standards such as NHBC, BREEAM etc.
- Working within the Project Team to define key scope, schedule and cost.
- Meetings with clients in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Attending site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensuring that the Design Team maintains and up-dates drawings and sample transmittal records.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
Design Manager experience required:
- Minimum 5 years Design Manager experience working fro a Main Contractor.
- Full lifecycle design experience.
- Excellent communication / reporting skills.
- Degree educated or similar.
The salaries, packages and career development opportunities on offer are second to none. If you are interested in this CV e-mail your CV to Dominic Coyne at the e-mail address: professional@uklgroup .com.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job