Design Manager - Residential
£Excellent Salary, Benefits Package
Howells are working with a leading construction business to recruit a Design Manager to join their London Team. Reporting to theHead of Technical you will oversee the management of design on a specific project, typically from winning the tender through to completion.
Projects range from £2.5m - £60m and can include framework projects, mixed use developments, schools, adult care centres, social housing including high-rise residential,
Your role will involve ensuring scheme designs/solutions meet all necessary statutory and regulatory approvals are recorded on appropriate tracking logs.
You will select, manage and appoint design team consultants to ensure that they perform in line agreed scope of services.
On major projects this may be as part of a design management team; on smaller projects may be responsible for an Assistant Design Manager and/or Information Controller as required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage/assist in the production of the contractor's proposals, ensuring they are complete, unambiguous, and have been reviewed by the bid team, and have been updated to include all post tender negotiations.
- Produce the project specific designer agreements using the company standard format, except where novation agreements already exist, scope of services and the design management plan ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties.
- Produce agree and manage, with all relevant parties, a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
- Manage the design on site with where appropriate the assistance of other site based resource implementing the design management procedures to ensure the timely production of information.
- Ensure that all design deliverables are reviewed to establish they are within budget, are fully coordinated and are buildable.
- Review the design with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction.
- Ensure the project team are working to the agreed Contractors Proposals.
- Control design change process management.
- Organise and chair regular design team meetings.
- Provide guidance to the project team on design related issues.
- Liaise with the Principal/Senior Design Manager reporting on project performance
Design Manager Desirable Experience:
- Able to programme design works
- Knowledge of methodology and sequencing process in delivering a construction project including design and pre-construction activities
- Understanding of design requirements for procurement and construction purposes
- Understanding of contractual requirements of the contracts
- Ability to drive issues through to completion
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date construction industry knowledge
- Residential/Social Housing Knowledge/Experience
Design Manager Salary & Benefits:
You will be working for a modern, forward thinking business; that believe the strengths, skills and personalities of their people are the key to the group's success.
This is a permanent, full time role for which you will receive a highly competitive salary, car or car allowance, employee benefits package and bonus.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV. Alternatively contact us on .
Howells Solutions are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. Howells Solutions acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'