Our client is an innovative manufacturing firm based near Alfreton, due to continued success they are now looking to appoint a Design Manager to oversee their internal design function.
Based near junction 28 of the M1, you will play an integral part in all aspects of design from initial conception through to manufacture. Due to the nature of the role, the position will have a large technical focus and requires someone with previous experience within manufacturing.
Main responsibilities will include:-
- Managing the internal design team, delegating work and ensuring all deadlines are adhered too
- Producing 3D design models using internal software, ensuring customers specifications are incorporated
- Engaging with relevant structural bodies to ensuring designs are compliant with CDM regulations
- Producing technical drawings for manufacturing and handling any enquiries
- Managing project costs
- Overseeing different projects including R&D to reduce waste and improve production output
To apply for this role you will need to have:-
- A relevant qualification with experience of working within as a Design Manager
- Knowledge of timber/plastic products and manufacturing
- Man management experience with the ability to delegate and prioritise
- Experience in writing specifications and producing 3D designs (CAD, REVIT essential)
In return for the right candidate, our client offers a competitive numeration scheme and benefits package.
Core hours, Monday-Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'