Highfield Professional Solutions are currently looking to recruit a Design Manager for a busy Highways department based in Ringmer, East Sussex.
The Design Manager will lead, direct and motivate the design team to delivery targets. The successful candidate will manage over 40+ members of staff from the highways, structures & infrastructure design teams.
- Overall responsibility for design delivery of the Annual Service Programme (ASP)
- Developing the Design Delivery ASP from the Employers Service Requirement Plan (ESRP).
- Management of design teams; Highway maintenance, Street-lighting, Structures and Infrastructure Design, as well as Scheme Project Managers. Overall 40+ staff.
- Manage team resources, ensuring appropriate resources are available, identifying where additional support maybe required, making sure reach back into both JV parent companies.
- Ensure that the highest level of quality is achieved.
- Direct reports of 4 Team Leaders and 5 project managers
- Project management of all external design resources, consultant and supplier contracts through the client, associated invoicing and financial management
- Member of the Senior Management Team
- Developing and maintaining the QMS for design
- Provide effective leadership and communication, through clear objectives, so that the team identifies with East Sussex Highways and delivers our values.
- Plan services to meet the highest priorities within allocated resources and manage competing demands.
- Working closely with the Client team coordinating design programme and allocating the appropriate delivery team resources.
- Support Project Managers in having appropriate resources to deliver schemes.
- Plan, monitor and control resources to maximise the efficient and effective use of finances and people to ensure that all activities are completed on time, cost and quality targets.
- Provide effective leadership on health and safety matters by actively promoting health and safety awareness and ensuring the provision of safe working practises to ensure compliance with policy and standards.
- Responsibility for key project performance indicators, ensuring successful delivery.
- Ensure compliance with legislation, standards and processes.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- The successful candidate will hold a relevant degree or equivalent
- Technical experience delivering Local Authority Highway projects.
- Working with a local authority Highways Client on similar contracts
- Extensive Design experience
- Team development and leadership skills
- Coaching skills
- Excellent technical Design knowledge
- Clear understanding of CDM 2015 and Health and Safety
- Clear understanding of Highway Legislation and procedures
- Use of and development of QMS to BS ISO 9001
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable communication and IT skills (including Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint)
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills and an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working hours, should it be necessary to work outside of the core working hours.
- Collaborative skills
For more information about this position, please call Jo Ireland at Highfield Professional Solutions on , otherwise click apply now.