Our client is a nationally recognised construction contractor operating with a number of sectors including major commercial new build, offices, accommodation and major industrial developments.
Due to a number of contract wins in the Yorkshire area we are looking to recruit an experienced design manager to join the team.
As Design Manager you will be integral to the site delivery team working alongside the Project Manager as well as working closely with external an architecture practice.
ROLES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITY
- Review design proposals from internal and external consultants ensuring most competitive and effective solution arrived at
- Attending internal and external meetings including chairing and taking accurate minutes as necessary, ensuring distribution to relevant parties
- Supporting Procurement Department in evaluation of alternative design solutions offered by subcontractors
- Advise on cost efficient alternatives and design changes
- Have a through understanding of building regulations.
- Have experience of working on PRS, Student Accommodation or hotel schemes.
- Have a good understanding of CAD
This is a permanent position working with a national main contractor.
The role would suit someone looking for a long term career working on some of the most prestigious schemes in the area.
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job