Design Manager - Construction
Role: Design Manager – Construction
Location: Greenwich – Covering projects throughout London / South East
Sector: Property & Construction
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 + car / travel allowance + excellent benefits package
I have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to join one of the UK’s leading property and construction contractors, due to growth over the last year the business is now in the position to make a number of strategic hires and are currently recruiting for an ambitious and technical Design Manager to join the team working out of their offices close to Canary Wharf. My client is an industry leader in the sector covering projects within the residential, commercial, healthcare and education sector for both public and private clients throughout London & South East. The position offers an excellent opportunity to develop leadership and client-facing skills, whilst being a part of a growing and highly successful business.
- Review and implement design management protocols with Design Coordinators and Design team ensuring the design programme is delivered on time
- Liaison with the Commercial Team for cost checking as design is developed
- Support the delivery team by providing expertise on design and cost solutions and identifying design solutions and specifications
- Head up Design meetings and manage consultants to achieve client satisfaction at all stages
- Provide expert knowledge on constructability and provide solutions on Design issues
- Review compliance of design against Employer’s Requirements/ Specs/Contractors Proposals/Budget
- Working within the construction team and managing the design phase of multi million pound projects in the region of £10m - £50m
- Manage both pre construction (procurement purposes / tender stage) and during the construction phase
- Creating and reporting design progress reports along with ensuring drawings and specifications conform both internally and externally
- 5 years experience working a Design Manager for a principal contractor in the construction / residential sector
- Excellent understanding of design requirements for procurement and construction purposes
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building / construction legislation and strong technical knowledge
- Degree qualified or HND/C or several years design management experience
- APS Membership (desirable)
In return my client offers a competitive salary in the region of £70,000 - £80,000 + car / travel allowance + excellent benefits package. Due to the size of my clients business, they are able to offer extensive training and progression opportunities throughout organisations structure. If you are interested in the position or would like more information about the role then please get in touch | | |
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'