Our client is a leading Construction Main Contractor specialising in major Design & Build projects across the UK. Having recently secured a £50m mixed use scheme near Maidstone, we have been asked to supply a top notch Design Manager to head up the project. Site based, you will report into the Project Director, taking the project from preconstruction through to handover.
Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Regular client liaison, chairing meetings with reps and ensuring all client enquiries are dealt with.
- Chairing Design Team meetings with Architects, Structural Engineers and Consultants.
- Leading the Design Team for each assigned project including key scope, schedule and cost.
- Sales meetings with client in order to identify and interpret client needs and requirements.
- Enforcing rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Leading the Design Team in the preparation of conceptual / AutoCAD drawings.
- Leading and assisting the Design Team in the preparation and checking of Bill of Quantities and specification literature.
- Presenting the project design and quotation to client and ensuring order conversion.
- Ensuring that the Design Team coordinate and follow-up with client prior and during project execution.
- Attending site and progress meetings internally as well as with clients.
- Ensuring that the Document Control is up to date at all times.
- Authorisation to make design changes post-contract subject to pre-established budget parameters.
Design Manager experience required
- BSc in Construction Management or similar.
- 5 years+ Construction Design experience.
- Design Manager experience working for a Top 20 Main Contractor.
Our client offers quality project work, excellent training and superb career development potential. The salaries and packages on offer are highly competitive. If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV for the attention of Meera Patel at the email address: professional@uklgroup. com.