Technical specialist relating to the deployment of passive infrastructure into the CTIL site portfolio, with particular emphasis on implementation of active radio and hardware designs via enclosures and design/construction principles.
- Technical specialist for CTIL in the fields of site design, construction and active hardware integration.
- Produce design guidance documentation to articulate CTIL/ operator specifications and best-practice to design suppliers.
- Provide input on existing/proposed site design methodologies relating to efficiencies, safety and cost during construction.
- Review and answer technical queries from suppliers/stakeholders.
- Provide design support to CTIL infrastructure maintenance teams.
- Attend and contribute to team and stakeholder meetings when required.
- Assist auditing design compliance/performance.
- Site visits from time to time.
- Maintain radio and hardware areas of design manual.
Compliance & Security
Support, maintain and improve CTIL and stakeholder policies regarding:
- Health and safety
- Business continuity
- Information security
- Competition law
Project Management & Planning
Contribute to the planning and management of projects relating to:
- Product development implementation
- Design process change
- Integration of active radio designs
- Design audits
- Engage with and assist all key stakeholders and stakeholder groups who are connected to the design function.
- Provide technical support to design/build suppliers by resolving site specific queries
- Present design solutions during quarterly design workshops
- Liaise with product manufacturers and manage relationships
Risk, Issue & Dependency Management
- Proactively identify and mitigate design and H&S risks through assessment and best-practice review.
- Assess non-standard design proposals and approve/reject though the CTIL design concession process.
Management of Change
- Scope changes in design necessitated by stakeholder demand
- Assess required design changes and associated construction methods.
- Communicate with key stakeholders and manage their expectations for completion of changes.
Effectively communicate design information via documentation, conference calls, meetings and presentations to:
- Design and construction suppliers.
- The CTIL Design team.
- Other CTIL departments.
- Operator/stakeholder design and delivery teams.
- Product suppliers/manufacturers.
PERSON SPECIFICATION (EXPERTISE)
Experience (technical, managerial, industry)
- >2 years’ working in telecom site design/build environment
- Supplier and stakeholder management
- General understanding of mobile telecoms radio equipment, antennas and enclosures
- >5 years’ experience working in a telecoms design/build team in the UK.
- Previous experience working on CTIL/Telefonica/Vodafone projects.
- Design/build compliance audits.
Education level / Qualifications (professional, vocational)
- GCSE English, Maths, Science (A-C)
- Engineering or construction qualification (HNC/D)
- Extensive industry experience may be equivalent to qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering discipline
- Other qualification(s) related to the role.
- H&S training (IOSH, rooftop/asbestos, RF awareness etc.)
Skills / Knowledge
- Broad knowledge of Telecoms infrastructure and suppliers.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Effective communicator
- Essay/Document writing
- Good knowledge of the Telefonica & Vodafone networks (Active & Passive).
- Construction management experience, including rigging, civils or active installations.
- AC/DC Electrical design/build experience.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or other CAD packages.
CTIL Values (BEST)
Operate and uphold CTIL’s values of Bold, Excellence, Supportive and Trust
- Site Specific
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job