Here at Atlas Copco we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join our established R&D team based in Deeside. Here at our Deeside state of the art facility we design, test and build in house so you get to see how your designs progress - an exciting way to work. We have a strong in-house Engineering team and take a multidisciplinary approach to our product design. We promote collaboration and so as our Design Engineer,you will be involved in the design of complex electromechanical assemblies; developing products from concept to production.
Atlas Copco IAS UK Limited is a manufacturing company based in Deeside North Wales. We are a pioneer and market leader in self-pierce riveting, a mechanical fastening process suitable for joining aluminium and also mixed materials that cannot be reliably welded. We are committed to pushing the boundaries of SPR technology to new levels. We are part of the Atlas Copco Group which celebrated 100 years in business in 2019 and is renowned for its commitment to sustainable productivity.
Responsibilities of our Design Engineer will include:
- Producing Designs in response to the Design Specification requirements
- Working with the Development team and Project teams to contribute to the design and development of new SPR products
- Producing and issuing Component and Assembly models and drawings using Solid Edge CAD package.
- Ensuring parts are properly introduced and that the impact of changes are reflected through the product life cycle
Skills and experience required by our Design Engineer:
- Ability to make decisions, use initiative and carry out appropriate actions in line with the company policy and strategy
- Conscientious, positive attitude to quality and workmanship
- Methodical approach with good attention to detail when planning and carrying out tasks
- IT literate with experience of business systems
- Good written communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen to learn new things quickly and have an interest in career development and training within the workplace
- Formal academic qualification in Mechanical Engineering, educated at least to BSc/BEng in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years design experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experienced in the use of Geometric Tolerancing and stack-up analysis.
- Experienced in producing drafts from 3D solid models.
- Candidates must have good communication skills and be able to produce technical reports to a reasonable standard.
- Candidates must be familiar with e-mail, word processing and presentation software.
- Knowledge of and experience of working within an ISO 9001 environment.
You will join us on a full time, permanent basis, and in return will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including:
- Great Company pension
- Health Cash plan
- Private medical care
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fitness Classes
- Great working environment
- Generous study programme
So, if you think you have what it takes to become our Design Engineer then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'