A unique opportunity has arisen to join a SME Medical Device company that is working in a highly innovative market.
The Design Engineer is responsible for every detail of the tooling design and development process including and introduction to production and maintenance thereafter. The Design Engineer will also evaluate and validate products after design changes and tooling manufacture. This is central to Continuous Improvement initiatives and FMEA creation and management.
Project scheduling is an essential part of the role so that trials of new tools and processes are carried out to agree time lines to ensure projects are completed on time.
Skills & Experience:
Qualifications & Experience
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an injection tooling, or similar, design facility.
- Engineering Degree or a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Ideally with knowledge of silicone rubber processing or similar manufacturing process
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Schematic diagram creation along with full Engineering Drawings.
- Relevant technical skills and knowledge should include, but not be limited to, 3D Solid Modelling, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office suite skills including MS project..
- A good understanding of Lean Manufacturing and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Experience of using SolidWorks Vault (PDM) FEA and Mould Flow Analysis, Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma or Lean) would be an advantage although not essential.
If this opportunity sounds of interest please click Apply Now!
Harris Lord is acting as an employment agency for this role.
Key words: Design Engineer, 3D Solid Modelling, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office suite, MS project, Research and Development, Injection moulding, Materials
- Design Engineering
- Engineering Design
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'