The Design Engineer Role
The Design Engineer is responsible for the development of tooling design solutions to support various processing techniques from R&D through to volume component manufacture.
The Design Engineer plays a key role in our new product development activities and specialises in creating tooling solutions for Silicone and PU foam moulding, jigs & fixtures. The role also requires the assessment, research and performance of production tooling components and methodologies to seek innovative advancements and repairs to reduce production costs and improve quality.
The Design Engineer is responsible for every detail of the tooling design and development process including and introduction to production and maintenance thereafter. The Design Engineer will also evaluate and validate products after design changes and tooling manufacture. This is central to Continuous Improvement initiatives and FMEA creation and management.
Project scheduling is an essential part of the role so that trials of new tools and processes are carried out to agreed time lines to ensure projects are completed on time.
We take a multidiscipline approach to project development and collaborating with other company departments in development teams is a key element of the role.,
Assisting other engineers with tooling and other Engineering issues.
Working with the management team to develop standards for new product development and other engineering functions as well as specifying and overseeing sub-contract tooling design and manufacture where required.
Evaluating customer issues and examining technical drawings and documentation to resolve design issues.
Requirements for the Design Engineer Role
Qualifications & Experience
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an injection tooling, or similar, design facility.
- Engineering Degree or a recognised Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Ideally with knowledge of silicone rubber processing or similar manufacturing process
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Schematic diagram creation along with full Engineering Drawings.
- Relevant technical skills and knowledge should include, but not be limited to, 3D Solid Modelling, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office suite skills including MS project ..
- A good understanding of Lean Manufacturing and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
- Experience of using SolidWorks Vault (PDM) FEA and Mould Flow Analysis, Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma or Lean) would be an advantage although not essential.
- Strong project / program management abilities in order to effectively develop systems or oversee personnel.
- A working knowledge of ERP systems.
- In-depth knowledge of small to medium-scale production and manufacturing.
- Solid analytical abilities
- Creative and progressive thinking is an essential
- A practical, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication and team working skills
If you feel you are suitable for their Design Engineer position, please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'