The successful candidates will be working with Next Generation Products (NGP), focused on developing and delivering high quality nicotine alternatives to adult smokers in the key areas of Vapour and Tobacco Heating Products. In NGPs, the aim is to provide consumers with a compelling range of inspiring products that drive change. The responsibility of this role is to lead the continuous improvement of THP devices to improve product quality and reduce product cost.
Lead R&D continuous improvement projects such as:
- Briefing device development to external partners
- Project manage initiatives ensuring progress to plan / budget
- Facilitate design reviews and manage relevant stage gate documentation
- Communicate project status to stakeholders and Senior Management
- Support commercialization stage
- Conduct root cause analysis into device quality issues and product returns
- Develop design solutions to address product quality and / or performance issues
- Review and manage device engineering documentation including engineering drawings, test reports and technical manuals
- Lead the development of design verification tests to ensure that new designs are robust and will prove reliable in the field
- To influence and coordinate cross functional teams including internal and key external partnerships critical in the delivery of projects and initiatives so as to have most effective use of internal/external resource and expertise
- To operate as an advisor and collaborator with the wider NGP space to build robustness and technical capability
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Equivalent to Beng Mechanical Engineering degree or Materials/Physics Degree.
- Experience in the design of high volume consumer products
- Experience in designing injection moulded components
- Experience in preparing engineering specifications
- Good knowledge of manufacturing technologies and design for manufacture
- Good knowledge of testing and measuring techniques for product quality and product performance
- Experience in project management
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
- Consumer products
- Electronics enclosures
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'