We have a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Designer / Design Engineer to work within the design team for a highly-respected company who design, manufacture and install bespoke staircases and balustrades in Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
As Designer / Design Engineer, you will work within the design team to take a number of projects from proposal stage to full completion on time and in budget.
The company has a very well-respected reputation within the industry and are renowned for their bespoke and unique staircase design. The successful candidate must have proven experience in a similar role and take pride in their work. A recent graduate may also be considered for this role.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Work within the Design team to take a number of projects from proposal stage to full completion on time and in budget using all available resources, quality materials and processes in order to meet the needs of all key stakeholders
- Manage the projects at all stages throughout the design process on time and within budget
- Provide technical validation and creative development for enquires
- Convert valid enquiries into projects
- Ensure profitable execution and delivery of projects through design
- Monitor accuracy and quality standards to ensure they are met at all times
- Develop commercially sustainable innovative solutions to projects
- Assist with training and maintenance of the service levels and standards for internal and external clients
- Manage associated paperwork and data input to the levels required by the company
- Review and propose solutions and upgrades to existing company management software
- Co-operate effectively with all areas of the business to ensure the workflow moves successfully between departments
- Ensure that the quality of the product delivered to the workshop is of the highest standard
Required Experience & Skills
- Must be proficient in 3D modelling and have Solidworks experience
- Degree level qualified in a relevant design related area
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Organised and able to manage a number of projects effectively at any one time
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Able to work and communicate effectively with other teams and departments internally and externally
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail
- Commercially aware in their approach to customer requirements and service levels
- Able to demonstrate previous experience or relevant transferable skills in a similar environment
- Demonstrable experience in successfully using SolidWorks package
- Motivated to achieve daily and weekly targets / deadlines
- Have a 'can do' approach to work
- Able to interact effectively in order to build strong working relationships
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be able and willing to multitask in the business
- Must be driven to constantly look for ways to improve their performance
- Able to create a positive working environment and demonstrate commitment to good environmental practice
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Hours: Full - time
- Location: Helmsley, North Yorkshire
- Salary: Dependent on experience
To apply for this role, please send a full up to date CV.
Experience is required for this role and the decision of suitability will be based on the information in your CV. We guarantee to confirm receipt of your application within 48 hours however we regretfully are unable to provide specific feedback to applications. If you have not heard within 7 days from the date of application, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"