We are recruiting a number of excellent Design Engineer positions to work with a Global Manufacturing company based in Staffordshire. After a sustained period of growth internationally and a number of exciting projects due to launch, this position is looking for candidate's who have experience in sheet metal structural design, have worked on projects simultaneously and a strong background in Mechanical design.
Our Client is a market leading global Manufacturing company based in Staffordshire. With international reach and multiple sites across the globe, this exciting role offers the chance to join a global market leader. Given the size and scope of the business added to significant opportunities throughout, this opportunity provides real career progression within the business as a Design Engineer.
Reporting directly into the Design Manager. This role will look to support and influence colleagues whilst driving product development strategy across all levels.
- Take Engineering brief from concept and develop the product into the Production phrase
- Champion projects by liaising with other members of the team to drive innovation
- Execute analysis and calculations and drive product development improvements
- Analyse cost implications and make recommendations for full component life cycle
- Work cross functional with other teams at different stages of the project
- Take responsibility for the design and development of subsystem
- Engineering degree qualified- HNC would be suitable
- Strong sheet metal experience, preferably from a heavy industrial background
- Powertrain experience would be an advantage
- Proven experience in working in cross functional project teams
- Strong exposure to delivering presentations to all levels
£33,000 - £38,000 + benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job