Design Engineer - Sheffield - Solidworks experience required
Design Engineer is required to join a leading manufacturer based in Sheffield. The
Design Engineer will design and develop innovative and commercially competitive engineering products.
As the Design Engineer will be proficient using Solidworks / AutoCAD, and you'll also have a mechanical engineering qualification or be apprentice trained.
Day to day duties for the Design Engineer:
- The role will be varied including, research, creating concepts and prototypes, testing & development and providing support to the production process
- The production of and maintenance of technical documentation as required, including CAD drawings, costing data, design calculations, bills of materials, technical specifications, etc
- Design and develop new products using Solidworks
- Project manage from initial concept through to completion
- Design and develop modifications to existing products
- Liaise with various engineering departments
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Proven experience as a Design Engineer in mechanical production - Ideally 3 years experience as a Design Engineer.
- Technical qualification, ideally apprentice trained, HNC, HND or Degree qualified in engineering - Mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, automotive engineering, manufacturing & production engineering or similar
- Excellent working knowledge Solidworks and AutoCAD.
- Good understanding of design and engineering manufacturing procedures
- Must be commutable to Sheffield
- Death in Service
- 28 days holiday
- Mon-Thurs 08:00 - 16:30 & Friday 08:00-15:30
- Staff bonus scheme
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for sales and manufacturing staff, recruiting UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Design Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job