My client is one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. They have an exciting opportunity for a Design Engineer to join their experienced and growing Civils team in York.
Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Car/ Car Allowance
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday + the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year
- Training and development support team
- Medical cover
- Experience of project life cycle: definition, concept, detail, prototyping, testing
- Experience of CAD solid modelling
- Ability to work on multiple projects running simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able in work well both individually and as part of a team
- Qualified in a Engineering discipline
- 5+ years Railway experience
- Producing solutions that meet customer requirements
- Preparation and review of mechanical drawings
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings
- Interpretation of specifications
- Liaise with all business units to fully understand the customer's requirements
- Evaluation of sample products
- Assessment of test results
- Management of project life cycle (from customer demand to production of parts/documents)
- Product investigation
- Technical reports, reviews, inspections
- Provide technical support to other project teams as required
- Liaise with internal/external customers and suppliers
- Represent the company at meetings both on and offsite
Please call Aishah Abdulla at Randstad CPE on / to discuss further.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job