NPD & R&D
Fluid Systems Manufacturer/Mechanical/Building Services Equipment
£35K to £45K
My client is an innovative manufacturer of fluid building services systems based in
Gloucester. Their products include combined pump and tank systems, booster sets, heat exchangers, and heat interface units and they operate within the building services market.
They are currently seeking to recruit mechanical Design Engineers with strong electrical experience to form a new engineering team to support their anufacturing/sales team in improving and designing new systems for their clients. They currently manufacture both standard and some bespoke solutions to their building services clients.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for all aspects of drawing and modelling both standard and bespoke units. You will work closely with an NPD team and Sales and facilitate the smooth production or assembly of all units. The current design function is outsourced and therefore you will be responsible for setting up the engineering processes and drawing approvals internally and with external clients. You will also be creating a design library for the team.
* Producing compliant designs that are economical and safe to manufacture,
inspect/test and maintain whilst meeting the minimum standard of fit for purpose.
* Mechanical design of assemblies and parts, some electrical supply/controls
* Producing drawings using 3D Solidworks or other 3D Software
* Materials and component selection.
* Electrical design. Training for both technical support and production.
* Maintenance of effective records of design compliancy, technical calculations and
* Creation of Technical Specifications/BOM's
* Implementation of standard procedures and processes associated with a Design
Office within the companies existing structure.
* Designing and detailing mechanical, structures, enclosures and machinery.
* Designing for manufacture.(DFM)
* Understanding ISO standards relevant to drawings and geometric tolerances,
material and finish specifications.
* Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
* Creation of BOM's and sourcing new components
* Good communicator and ability to work as part of a design team.
* Attention to detail with excellent data management and configuration control.
* Motivated with a positive attitude and determination that tasks are accurately
performed and completed on time.
* HVAC experience useful.
* Possible civil engineering for hydraulic engineering experience.
* Machinery Directive.
For more information on the role please call Giles Churchill at Omega Resource Group on
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Design Engineer - Mechanical/electrical
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job