Salary - £27,000 - £32,000
25 days hol + bank hol, pension, healthcare and life assurance
Fulltime - Monday to Friday
My client are a global engineering company looking for an additional Mechanical Design Engineer to join their design engineering team in Southampton working fulltime days Monday to Friday.
The role requires the Design Engineer to support teams across the UK with responsibility for providing the technical aspects for new tenders to customers, for generation of costs for new design and for generating the manufacturing instructions.
The Design Engineer will provide product technical support to clients and to the sales and marketing function, including liaising with clients at all levels.
As Design Engineer you will:
- Preparation design and supporting information for tendering, including datasheets, technical schedules and specification compliance documentation.
- Liaison with clients, both technical and non-technical, to promote company and to address queries on design, ratings and installation issues.
- Support and liaise with commercial department, who are responsible for tender bids, contracts and marketing.
- Preparation and management of product design information to enable costing and manufacturing, including close liaison with process engineering teams.
- Degree qualified in either mechanical or design engineering discipline
- Some previous experience in a design engineering position essential
- Product knowledge including manufacturing processes would be advantageous, but suitable training will be provided.
- Full UK driving license essential as the role will occasionally involves travelling to other sites.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately. WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job