Design Engineer - Staffordshire
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer for a leading company in yellow goods, diggers and plant equipment for the construction, infrastructure and associated industries, based at their Cheadle Shropshire facility.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for the daily co-ordination of the following activities:
- Design of his/her project to ensure that customer (internal and external) requirements are met through agreed briefs (performance, cost and timescales).
- Technical liaison and support with other departments.
- Control and maintenance of design records.
- Product homologation, legislative and relevant standards of conformance.
- Procurement of materials and components for prototype machines.
- Produce design with appropriate calculations.
- Producing all necessary drawings, specifications, parts lists etc. for the manufacture of prototype and production machines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience required.
- Degree in a Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical product design experience
- 3D CAD design with NX or other 3D System (SolidWorks, PRO-E or CATIA)
- Knowledge of product development testing and quality
- Practical understanding of low-medium volume manufacturing processes including CNC Machining, Casting, Fabrication etc.
- Salary £30,000 to £40,000 dependent upon experience
- 33 days holiday including statutory
- Company pension scheme
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV and contact details to Philip Delaloye at or for more details call .