£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
One of my best clients, currently operating within the Marine industry, is seeking an ambitious Design Engineer to join their Engineering Team.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Design Engineer will be responsible for creating 2D Drawings will all he specifications necessary to accurately represent the design intent.
- Create and edit 3D components and assemblies in Solidworks following Drawing Office procedures and industry standards where applicable.
- Translate 3D models into 2D drawings with all the specifications necessary to accurately represent the design intent
- Create detailed Pipework and Instrumentation Drawings for multiple systems and components.
- Ensure the bill of materials on drawings accurately reflects desired internal/supplier routing
- Review and rectifying products upon request to bring in line with current model/drawing/BOM/production/purchasing requirements.
- If required, visit agents, customers and shipyards to provide support, guidance and troubleshooting. Visit and meet with suppliers as required for discussing product requirements during the design stages.
- Have a good electrical knowledge or experience would be useful.
- Mechanical and hydraulic design knowledge
- Experience in either domestic or marine plumbing and heating systems would be advantageous.
- Design for manufacture following industry design/draughting standards. Attention to detail.
- Proficient - Solidworks
- Proficient - Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Bachelor's degree in subject related to Mechanical Engineering or equivalent level of experience
If you are interested in the above position, please apply with an up to date CV; If you have any questions regarding the role, please don't hesitate to get in contact on .
Premier are acting as an employment agency