Our client based in Ebbw Vale is looking to contract a Design Engineer within their Manufacturing Company.
Reporting to the Technical Manger you would be responsible for all aspects of Product Design and Development
The ideal candidate must be dynamic, self-motivated with a strong experience within a mechanical engineering design environment. Must be fully proficient with 3D Cad modelling using Pro Engineer Creo 2.
- Compilation and preparation of Technical design associated with the company's products.
- Create Engineering Change Notices (ECN's) in line with the company's products
- PAP co-ordination, in line with the customer's requirements
- Coordination of specific design NPI activities as assigned by the Technical Manager
- Professionally liaise with customers and suppliers in support of Technical issues
- Participate in the evolvement of new product designs and their development
- Experience in the administration and management of Engineering Enterprise change systems
- A strong understanding of process technologies within the sheet, light metal fabrication, rubber application and plastics production.
- Ability to deploy own time management skills
- Ability to respond to interdepartmental and inter companies requests as assigned.
- Flexible with working hours and occasional business travel in regards to customer projects
Term: Minimum 6 month contract
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8.30am-4.30pm, Fri 8.00am-2.15pm
Salary: Hourly rate of £17.00
The company offer excellent benefits and a good working environment. For the right candidate a permanent position may be available.