Design Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading automotive engineering business.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of engineeirng technology? Do you have a background in the design and development of advanced engineering components and systems? Have you got a experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing / R&D environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
Working as a key part design group, and reporting into a wide range of projects through the Technical Lead, you will have a good understanding of engineering and be able to adapt to mechanical, composite and electrical systems as projects dictate.
You will be responsible for taking a range of designs from initial concepts through to volume production. This will involve working closely with a range of customers from SMB's to major OEM's to interpret their requirements and deliver engineered solutions within weight, cost and timing targets.
- Component design and detailing using Siemens NX and TeamCentre. Working knowledge of CATIA V5 would be an advantage.
- Attend design reviews to present design ideas and to discuss and critique alternative design solutions.
- In conjunction with the project Technical Lead deliver design solutions that fulfil customer requirements within budget and strict deadlines
- Work closely with purchasing and production departments to ensure cost and manufacturing capability is built in to the project design, particularly with reference to quality and build parameters.
- Generate and present project material to customers and key internal and external stakeholders.
- To attend component tests as required.
- Problem solving and fault rectification.
- A Degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Motorsport or Aerospace engineering or equivalent experience. .
- Proven experience of mechanical design in the specialist automotive or motorsport industry or be able to show that your extensive experience in an advanced engineering environment is transferable.
- High level of CAD literacy in Siemens NX and TeamCentre.
- Working knowledge of CATIA V5 would be useful.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g. MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Ability to use your initiative and respond quickly to problems.
- Ability to manage your own workload and projects.
- Ability to maintain high standards of staff and department presentation, as appropriate for a facility visited by potential customers and other VIP's.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job