Are you a Interactive Design Engineer wanting to work for a world’s leading creative design and build company, are you expereinced in using SolidWorks Design Progreamme?
Want to be involved in projects for recognisable locations across the UK?
Want to see your designs built on a well-equipped workshop with 3D printing facilities?
If you are answering yes to these questions, then hopefully we have the role for you! Paragon Creative near are York seeking a Solidworks Design Engineer.
Paragon Creative is one of the world's leading creative design and build companies and we are looking for talented people to expand our first-class team. We work with some of the world's most exciting organisations including the International Olympic Committee, DreamWorks, Royal Palaces, Harrods, Hamleys, the Science Museum and the Natural History Museum. Working life at Paragon is anything but uneventful and if you want to work on some of the most innovative and inspiring experiential projects around, come and join us. Paragon Creative is an Equal Opportunities Employer and we actively work towards equality in the workplace.
The Design Engineer will enjoy working in a large creative design team that is open to new ideas. No project will be the same as this position offers the Design Engineer a large variation in clients and products. The Design Engineer will be responsible for developing engaging interactive equipment for public locations across the globe.
So, what are we looking for in the Design Engineer?
-A creative background developing products for low volume
-Ability to produce drawings for manufacture
-Be competent in using Solidworks software and have previous experience using in industry
-A portfolio of projects where they have followed the design process from concept
Main Purpose of the Job
As Interactive Designer you will be responsible to design reliable and engaging interactive exhibits and displays for museums and visitor centres
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working from a client’s brief design bespoke hands on Interactive exhibit
- Ensure the design can be produced in budget and to schedule
- Create design concepts for client approval
- Collaborating with other in-house production departments, project managers and directors when required.
- Prototyping ideas in the workshop
- Work in the Interactives workshop when required
- Produce detailed production drawings, 2D CNC & 3D printing files for manufacture
- Complete full and detailed Bill of Materials
- Work within the allocated design time for the project
- Some element of working away from home or abroad may be required
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 years Solidworks experience
- Competent in using 2D AutoCad
- Conversant with Microsoft packages
- Previous experience of producing drawings for manufacture
- Broad range of mechanical knowledge
- Good understanding of engineering drawing techniques
- Experience of designing hands on interactives or a relevant industry
- Hands on experience in manufacturing in a relevant industry
- Experience working in a variety of materials
- Experience in using Bills of Materials
- UK driving license
- Must hold a valid passport
- Degree qualified
- Experience of site work in UK or abroad
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience in dealing with clients
- CSCS certified
- Creative thinker
- Good communicator
- Eye for detail
- Able to work as part of team or independently as required
- Good time management
- Forward planner
- Driving Licence
· Leadership skills
- Core Hours Policy. Flexible Start and Finish Times between 07:30 and 17:30 (Core working hours 09:00 - 16:00)
- 22 Days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Work Place Pensions
- Tax Free Cycle/Tech Scheme
- Eyecare Vouchers
- Free off-Site Parking
- Engineering Design
- Interaction Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'