Job Profile for Design Engineer - Sheet Metal Fabrication - TP98689
Design Engineer - Sheet Metal Fabrication required for a well-established sheet metal fabricator based in Oldham, Greater Manchester. The successful Design Engineer - Sheet Metal Fabrication will ideally be Degree qualified in a Mechanical, Design or Manufacturing subject.
The Design Engineer - Sheet Metal Fabrication will be joining a well-established Design office responsible for the production and maintenance of 3D Drawings via Solidworks, as well as preparing the drawing for manufacture utilising Radan CAM Package. This is an excellent opportunity for either a Graduate Engineer, or experienced Design Engineer to join a well-established manufacturer that can offer the prospect of progression and development.
Design Engineer - Sheet Metal Fabrication Position Overview
- Using Solidworks to assist the development of both new and existing products
- Producing Bill of Materials
- Highlighting possible quality issues to the Production Manager
- Interpreting customer specifications and preparing 3D models accordingly
- Assisting Senior Management with matters relating to product development
- To identify opportunities to reduce costs in the design, materials used and manufacturing techniques
- Assisting the continuous improvement of products and services
Design Engineer - Sheet Metal Fabrication Position Requirements
- Degree qualified in a Mechanical, Manufacturing or Design orientated subject
- Experience in the sheet metal industry desirable
- Based in a commutable distance of Oldham
- Proficient with Solidworks & ideally Radan
- Experience / knowledge of creating BOM's
- Full UK Driving License
Design Engineer - Sheet Metal Fabrication Position Remuneration
- Salary £18,000 - £32,000 - Dependent upon Experience
- 28 Days Holiday, including Bank Holidays
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy