About the role
Capita Technology are currently recruiting for a Dewsign Engineer to join our team in London.
We are independent professional security consultants who provide comprehensive security and counter terrorism consultancy, design and project management services to clients in the public and private sectors. As well as our current projects we have a strong pipeline of opportunities and have also recently secured a major framework with a prestigious London based client. As a result we are looking to supplement our existing team with additional security consultancy and design resource. Current clients include both public and private sector clients for whom we have recently undertaken work including:
- the design of public realm protection and surveillance measures for a major UK city and a UK tourist attraction
- the design of station information and security systems for London Underground station upgrade projects as well as Crossrail interchange stations where we have also provided blast assessments
- options appraisal for consolidating CCTV monitoring resources across multiple public authorities
- a Smart Cities vision and concept design to enhance safety and security across a major UK City
- the design of a new security operations centre for a central London client
This exciting career development opportunity will be suitable for an exceptional candidate with a proven track record in security design, preferably within the consultancy environment. The position will suit a highly motivated individual with a strong client focus and a positive approach to problem solving.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
What we do
- Security surveys and audits
- Security threat and risk assessments
- Security strategy and master planning
- Operational requirements
- Security concept and detail design - physical and electronic
- Counter-terrorism advice and solutions design
- Contract procurement and project management
Our technical expertise
- Electronic security systems and integration
- Control room design
- Intruder protection systems design
- Perimeter protection and hostile vehicle mitigation
- Blast protection and physical intruder resistance
- Critical national infrastructure security and protection measures design
Essential skills & experience
- At least four years' experience in security systems design, of which at least three years should be as a security consultant in a client facing role
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to deliver services within strict quality, cost and time constraints
- At least a Higher National Certificate or equivalent in an engineering related field
- Strong technical knowledge of security systems (access control, video surveillance and intruder alarms) and good understanding of physical security and security operations
- Good written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate professionally with clients, end users and stakeholders
Desired skills & attributes
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an appropriate field, such as engineering,
- Eligible for Chartered professional registration
- Eligible for and willing to acquire UK government security clearance
- Membership of a professional security institution
- Experience in business development
Duties & responsibilities
- Working directly with internal and external clients and their stakeholders to establish client requirements and to successfully deliver projects
- Capturing client and end user requirements and preparing detailed project briefs
- Developing and producing detailed and coordinated security designs and technical specifications
- Producing technical reports
- Responding to commercial opportunities and preparing fee proposals and tender submissions
- Undertaking security system audits and site inspections
- Acting as project manager to deliver projects successfully, on time and within budget
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development are not optional extras: they are how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also provide a company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job