Design Engineer (Scaffolding)
Our client, part of an Energy & Infrastructure Services Group, focus on commercial scaffolding services as well as training, hire & sale, mechanical and powered access equipment enabling customers to work safely and efficiently at height.
They are enabling some of the most iconic and impressive building projects, and they’re looking for ambitious Design Engineers who are determined to make their careers mean more.
The Design Engineer Role:
The main purpose of this Design Engineer role is to provide designs, engineering advice and support to the operations and business development teams.
Key Responsibilities of the Design Engineer:
- Assess customer’s requirements through site visits and/or the customer’s schedule to provide a value engineered solution
- Produce drawings to customer requirements or by converting estimating drawings, providing accurate calculations, ensuring drawings comply with legislative and company requirements and procedures
- Attend customer meetings to present solutions and discuss proposals
- Provide briefings on drawings to the operations team. Provide advice and support during erection process on engineering issues
- Oversee the erection process from an engineering viewpoint including conducting site visits to inspect complex structures to ensure they are constructed to drawing/design
- Ensure that designs are in line with health and safety, produced with safety of erection and any perceived hazards clearly identified and noted on drawings
- Revise drawings or advice if required according to changes in the customer specification or site conditions
- Ensure that all administrative tasks are carried out efficiently
- Ensure familiarisation with best practice and industry guidance and implement as appropriate
- Provide support to the training and coaching of new members of the design team
Skills & Experience Required:
- Basic/intermediate structural engineering knowledge
- Maths/trigonometry and general numeracy skills
- Basic IT skills
- AutoCAD skills essential
- Ability to read and understand engineering plans and section details
- Willingness to respond positively to new challenges faced by the business and to be willing to learn new skills for personal career development
- Flexible attitude to working hours to allow the business to meet its Customer commitments and business targets
- ONC or higher in Construction or Civil Engineering
- Relevant experience in Access Scaffolding and Construction Design
To apply for this Design Engineer position, please forward an up to date CV and Covering Letter via the button shown.
Keywords: Design Engineer, Scaffolding, Construction, Civil, Engineer, Access, Structural, Maths, Trigonometry, AutoCAD, Plans, Drawings, Site, Inspect, Building, Project
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Infrastructure Services
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job