We're working alongside a global designer and manufacturer of electronics who operate within sectors such as rail, military and power to hire a Design Engineer. This role will be based at their site in Gateshead and will involve providing accurate and cost effective PCB designs which are specific to project requirements.
- Generate PCB designs and manufacturing information for requested PCB's in line with departmental procedures and project requirements using Cadstar PCB design software to create the full document pack.
- Support operations and quality in all PCB design related activity.
- Be the technical authority for the design and specification of printed circuit boards and any specific manufacturing processes with emphasis on Value Engineering and cost effective manufacturing.
- Work with the Design, Project and Mechanical teams to ensure effective integration of PCB's into the product design.
- Ensure compliance with company and project requirements as required by the company's procedures.
- Ability to liaise with internal departments as well as suppliers as required.
- The ability to evaluate the methodology applied to ensure continued improvement of the PCB Design Process.
- Manage all PCB subcontract design as necessary, including internal and external subcontractors.
- Lead, generate and maintain Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Failure Mode and Effects & Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Cause & Effect (C&E) matrices to derive effective risk mitigation control plans
- Actively follow the Company's Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and safe systems of work.
- HNC / ONC Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Fully understanding of IPC standards and be IPC qualified (Certified Interconnect Designer - Basic) CID preferred.
- Experience of multi-layer PCB design and manufacturing in an engineering focused company.
- Exposure to high current boards.
- Experience with MS Windows, CADStar, Blueprint, MRP/ERP, data management software, Blueprint and AutoCAD software.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to agreed timescales.
- Experience with Rail, Energy or Industrial Power Products would be highly beneficial.
- It would be advantageous if you held a recognised qualification in reliability engineering or a related Six Sigma discipline.
- Have an innovative approach to PCB design.
- Demonstrate good electrical engineering knowledge.
- Great attention to detail and the ability to complete fully assigned tasks.
- A motivated and organised individual with excellent communication and organisation skills.
This is a permanent position working 40 hours per week as is based in Gateshead.
The client is offering a competitive salary and excellent company benefits, including a competitive pension scheme, Death in Service scheme and 25 days' holiday + stat.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Katherine Rivett in consideration for this role. She is contactable on or at