Innovative Design Engineering position seeking applicants with fabrication experience.
Your new company
A company that puts innovation first; offering value added quality products to it's loyal and consistent customer base. They are rigorous in testing and verifying their products. With an in-house Technical and Design team ensuring that they are at the forefront of their markets modernisation.
Your new role
With big plans ahead this is a great time to join their Design team to offer first class design solutions to their customers. This includes high-end bespoke designs and as the Design Engineer you will be taking on an autonomy position, reporting into the Technical and Design Manager.
You will perform a variety of design, drafting and engineering activities, including creating new designs, modifications and preparing and updating drawings. You will lead on projects, sub-assemblies and manufacturing drawings; proactively managing your workload according to deadlines and planned timescales.
Other duties include:
- Design support New Product Development programme
- Modifying existing designs
- Support value engineering programme
- Design verification information FEA of structures and calculation
- Jig design, programming of laser cutter and other machinery requiring a higher level of technical knowledge
- Producing fabrication drawings
- Creating bills of materials accurately and promptly
- Provide technical support for Sales
- Compiling reports summarising design decisions & verification
- Obtain customer drawings and approvals
- Be customer facing, in meeting customers, which will include presenting new designs and reports
- Update corrective actions highlighted on the company CAR register
- Update company CAD library
- Assist in prioritising and allocation of tasks to team members
Skills and experience required:
- Degree or HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Extensive experience with product design of structural components and fabrication
- 2D & 3D Design software - AutoCAD & Solidworks
- A good level of computer literacy with Microsoft packages and SAP
- Adaptable to change
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Unflappable and able to work in a high pressure environment
- Great attention to detail
To find out more, please click apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'