Electronic Design Engineer (Embedded Hardware & Software)
Location: Havant, Hampshire, PO9 1JB.
Salary: £25K - £35K per annum.
Navitron Systems Ltd is an independent British marine electronics company specializing in the design and manufacture of Class Approved main steering control systems and a comprehensive range of MED Type Approved Autopilot systems and associated equipment for all types of commercial vessels.
Navitron is MED Module D and ISO 9001:2015 quality certified.
Our company seeks to recruit enthusiastic Design Engineers who enjoy the challenge of combining hardware and software towards optimum solutions en-route from new project concept to finished product availability.
As an Electronic Design Engineer your role and responsibilities may include:
* Design and development of graphical user interfaces (GUI'S ) in C, C++ for control and monitoring applications running on embedded platforms and/or Windows/Linux.
* Design of microcontroller hardware employing PIC and ARM processors including schematic capture and PCB design.
* Design of analogue interface electronics and power supplies including Op-amp signal conditioning, SMPS power supplies, A to D and D to A circuits etc.
* Generation of design & production documentation including reports, costings, parts list etc.
* Knowledge of the following would be an advantage:-
* Serial protocols (RS232 & CAN)
* Ethernet protocols (UDP & TCP/IP)
* Control system engineering including mathematical modelling
The ideal candidate will possess:
* Team working skills.
* Numerical and analytic skills.
* Commercial awareness.
* Good communication skills.
* A thorough approach.
* The ability to meet strict deadlines.
Please click 'Apply' to forward a copy of your CV
- 'Design Engineer'
- 'Electronic Design Engineer'
- 'Design Engineering'
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job