AMS Nuclear Engineering is a leader in engineering solutions to the nuclear industry. Having started as an instrumentation supplier in the late 1990s, we have grown and evolved into a renowned engineering company specialising in control and instrumentation systems, environmental sampling systems and ageing and obsolescence solutions.
We are now looking for a Design Engineer to join us in Bridgwater and deliver high quality electrical, control and instrumentation solutions.
- Salary of circa £30,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 23 days’ holiday (increasing with service) + Public Holidays
- 8% pension contribution
- Healthcare plan
- Career progression support
- Training and development opportunities
This is the ideal opportunity for a talented design engineer with experience of BS7671 standards and AutoCAD to advance their career with our growing, highly respected company.
From our modern offices in Bridgwater, our teams provide expert level advice and solutions to a wide range of customers right across the nuclear spectrum. We are ISO accredited and focused on right first time results.
What’s more, alongside a strong benefits package and highly competitive remuneration, you’ll be supported in your technical and professional development, towards achieving your professional registration with the IET (IEng or CEng) by senior staff and the local IET support network.
As a Design Engineer, you will be tasked with creating the electrical, instrumentation and control design content for a wide range of exciting projects for the nuclear industry.
You will join our project design team and contribute to the design process at all stages from feasibility study and optioneering through to production of designs for procurement and construction.
Your role will also involve:
- Site walkdowns
- Reporting on planned and existing electrical and Control & Instrumentation (C&I) installations
- Assisting with the production of Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Developing control system design drawings, schedules and procurement documentation
- Creating bills of materials
To be considered as a Design Engineer, you will need:
- Experience of the design and specification of control systems, including circuit protection, instrumentation, control and PLC and/or SCADA systems
- Experience with LV electrical design to BS7671
- Experience with electrical single line diagrams, block cabling diagrams and cable schedules
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD
- The ability to communicate verbally and in the production of good quality written documentation
- Technical understanding of instrumentation and control principles
- A good client facing manner
- An HND, HNC or Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering
Experience in PLC and SCADA systems, Siemens and/or Allen Bradley, would be beneficial to your application. Experience in the use of P&IDs to create equipment, instrumentation and valve schedules would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Electrical Design Engineer, Electrical Systems Design Engineer, Project Design Engineer, Senior Design Technician, Instrumentation Engineer, Circuit Design Engineer, or Electrical Engineer.
Webrecruit and AMS Nuclear Engineering are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Design Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'