H9 Technical are currently recruiting, for a Design Engineer to join a market-leading manufacturer and supplier of commercial marine/offshore equipment.
The role will be based at the company head office in Preston. This is a permanent opportunity with a highly competitive salary and benefits package on offer.
Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager you will develop close ties with our Sales department to quickly turn around concept drawings and P&ID’s that our clients require before sales confirmation, you will be required at times to travel to clients’ premises to discuss their requirements, you will be a forward-thinker with excellent people skills and the ability to communicate in presentation and 1 to one formats.
Qualified/ Bachelor of Engineering have anywhere from 5 -15 years' experience.
- Experience in within the Marine, Offshore or Subsea industry is highly desirable.
- Be a qualified Mechanical Engineer and would benefit with some Electrical knowledge (or equivalent/related qualification).
- Significant experience in the design and development of production products from conception through to completion (preferably within the Marine Sub Sea industry).
- Extensive Knowledgeable working with Autodesk Vault, AutoCAD 2D & Inventor 3D. (FEA experience an advantage/other packages considered).
- Extensive Knowledge and experience with Bill of Materials (B.O.M’s) development, sourcing & Creation.
- Knowledge or Pressure, Air, Hydraulic, instrumentation, Material Process.
- Strong knowledge of fabrication, welding, sheet metal, material properties.
- Would benefit in electrical knowledge 3ph 415V, 1ph 230V & VDC Control.
- Experience commissioning, testing, validating and documenting processes.
- Experience using MS Project, Excel and Word Platforms.
Please respond to this advert ASAP and we will be in touch to discuss the role with you further.
- Design Engineering
- Metal Fabrication
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"