A highly recognisable consumer product brand, with strong ambitions and 8 new products in the pipeline, is looking for a Design Engineer to drive the products to the marketplace.
Job Title: Design Engineer - Consumer Products
Reference No: 237972
Job Type: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract (potential scope for this to be a permanent hire, but no guarantees)
Contact: Bradley Harper
It is integral you have relevant consumer product development experience. Perhaps you have been designing vacuum cleaners, kitchen appliances, lawnmowers? That appreciation for plastic injection moulding combined with electronics, heat, water is key for the product line.
There is a clear strategy, and an exciting product road map with complex new additions to the product line which you will have an immediate impact on.
The team is small, close-knit but growing. With a new Head of Industrial Design and a desire to push design inhouse rather than relying on external design consultancies there is a huge investment in product development.
You will be collaborating cross-functionally. From talking with the project managers about deliverables to supporting the packaging and industrial design teams this position is all-encompassing.
- Degree within Product Design or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience in the design, development, engineering and manufacturing of products - preferably consumer durables (e.g. nursery / white goods / home appliances / leisure equipment)
- An appreciation and understanding of product costing, supplier cost negotiation, and commercial acumen advantageous.
- Broad technical/engineering background with the ability to apply knowledge to real world situations.
- Must have knowledge of injection moulding and assembly with a sound knowledge of materials.
- Must have knowledge of metal pressing, extrusion, etc.
- Understand best practice for tooling design.
- Appreciation of standards and regulatory affairs within a similar industry.
- Proficient in Solidworks and ideally also FEA.
- Must be able to communicate ideas via hand sketching
- Knowledge of mechanisms.
- Electro mechanical development.
- Tolerance stack analysis.
- Solid experience of dealing and liaising with Far East supply base.
Please apply to Bradley Harper; Senior Recruitment Consultant, ;
RHL is a well respected Recruitment Consultancy within Design, Engineering & Manufacture talent acquisition.
Recruitment Holdings Ltd (RHL) acts as an Employment Business and as an Employment Agency.