Design Engineer (Aerospace / Advance Materials)
£35 – 40k Basic Salary + Very Competitive Package
My client is a market leader within their industry and have an immediate vacancy for a Design Engineer, based near Burton-upon-Trent.
My client has strategic plans for further expansion and are committed to developing and nurturing talent and the future workforce.
What the role involves:
- Preparing design and technical proposals for selected projects, including cost generation for both non-recurring and recurring costs.
- Project Management of new products from enquiry through to production, including compiling drawings, specifications and project plans.
- Design of production & development tooling.
- Assist sales & marketing department to penetrate new markets when requested, supporting customer visits both in the UK and abroad, on occasion for extended periods of time.
- Keeping viable product notes to record evolving designs for future reference.
- Keeping knowledge of new materials and technological documents up to date for maximum quality of design and cost effectiveness.
- Have or be working towards a degree or technical design qualification.
- Technical experience within the Aerospace industry and in polymer based manufacturing and assembly.
- Knowledge of polymer/rubbers/plastic materials and their relative merits.
- Computer literate and familiar with relevant software packages, ideally CATIA.
- Experience in dealing with customers and suppliers at all levels of the business.
- Experience of hand built polymer products.
- Grade A* - C GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics.
- Apprentice / HND / Degree Level in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
Extensive training in the range of company products will be given
On offer to the successful candidate is the ability to work for a true market leader in their field, with a fantastic financial package, with a great opportunity to progress your career.
Keyword search: Design Engineer / Engineer / Calculations / Seals / Design / Engineer / MathCAD / Mechanical / Project / Solidworks / 3D / FEA / Design Engineer / Design / Sealing Solutions / Polymer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job