An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Design Draughtsman to work in a rewarding role in the North East area. You will be working within a fast moving environment where you will gain fantastic experience with a major blue chip employer, If you are motivated and enjoy helping achieve business goals then this role will be suited to you.
- Working as part of the engineering team and reporting directly to the Design Office Manager, this role will have the responsibility to undertake design projects from conceptual design through to detail drawing and list of parts.
- Prepare designs for any application within the company's product portfolio.
- Prepare both conceptual and detailed drawings in support of the tendering and contractual design processes.
- Prepare parts lists that form the basis for manufacturing bill of materials.
- Perform bearing performance calculations using the company's software.
- Undertake structural strength of materials calculations to support the design.
- Liaise with internal departments, customers and suppliers in support of the above.
- Propose the most cost effective design.
- Maintain component design records in the company's component databases.
- The ideal candidate will have a solid background in mechanical engineering with the ability to read, interpret and produce technical drawings to a recognized standard.
- They will also be computer literate with a good understanding of 3D CAD software.
- Additionally, the successful candidate must be capable of organising their time and working under their own initiative to achieve target deadlines.
- Pro Engineering experience.
- Hours of work are 37 per week.