-To lead, coordinate and support local design and development activities to bring new vehicle
products into production.
-To create and maintain and both 3D CAD data and 2D drawings of new and existing parts using Catia V5.
-To liaise with parent company via Video Conference, email and presentations.
-To plan, track and report Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) of new projects and design
-To drive and develop cost reductions through the company internally and the customer.
-To work within ISOTS 16949 procedures.
-To create and update genetic DFMEA, tolerance stack ups, GD&T and DFM studies.
-Comply with all H&S regulations.
-Customer OEMS (Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover, Honda)
-Suppliers and Toolmakers
-Other members of Design & Development department.
-Quality Assurance department.
-Sales & Purchasing department.Health and Safety:
- To comply with all responsibilities under the company's Health and Safety at Work Policy.
- To ensure all visitors to the department comply with the company's Health and Safety Policy.
- To ensure all equipment and machinery is correctly used and properly maintained.
- To comply with company hygiene standards and recommend enhancements to improve safety and efficiency of the department.
- To make every effort to conserve power and ensure filing and back up systems are maintained.
- To wear the uniform and safety wear when appropriate, keeping it clean and tidy at all times.
- To communicate accurately and effectively with all employees as appropriate.
- To ensure all required reports are distributed accurately and within correct time period.
- To be prepared to visit parent company in Japan.
- To visit suppliers in UK and Europe.
- To work to the requirements of the company's Quality Management System and relevant procedures.
- To understand fully and comply with the security procedures on-site including those governing IT.
- To report any unauthorised personnel seen on the premises, in addition to any incident of damage or theft.
Cost Reduction Activities:
- To actively participate and drive cost reduction design solutions.
Code of Conduct:
- Abide by contents of Company Handbook and Code of Conduct.
- plastic injection
- catia v5
- design engineer
- development engineer