£45,000 - £50,000
Luton Office & Waltham Forest
We are recruiting for a Design Coordinator to be based in Luton. This is a permanent, full time working 40 hours per week. On offer will be a competitive salary. The role holder will report to the Head of Technical.
Responsible for the development and delivery of all design aspects of the project, including the management of the Design Consultants to ensure it is compliant with the full design brief and within the agreed budget.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the scope of and help to manage the Design Team
- Clear communication of expectations for design deliverables with Designers
- Review all design issues relating to GA's
- Review compliance with Building Bulletins and other statutory regulations.
- Review ER's in line with Contractor's proposals.
- Liaison with the Commercial Team for cost checking
- Issue of construction drawings to Construction Team
- Monitoring of design & resolution of technical queries
- Review design deliverables and design programmes
- Assist with procurement and construction programmes
- Assisting with consultant appointments
- Attending and minuting Design Team meetings
- Review compliance of design against Employer's Requirements/ Specs/Contractors Proposals/Budget
- Input into VE and design change
- Monitor design changes and change control
- Agree Design Changes with Design Manager/ Client
- Manage Code for Sustainable Homes/BREEAM input during pre-construction phase
- Obtain statutory services quotations
- Registration with NHBC/LABC/Premier etc. as agreed
- Manage PCG/Bonds/Warranties etc.
- Any other reasonable management request
Previous Experience and Qualifications
- Able to programme design works
- Developing knowledge of methodology and sequencing process in delivering a construction project including design and pre-construction activities
- Developing understanding of design requirements for procurement and construction purposes
- Developing understanding of contractual requirements of the contracts
- Ability to drive issues through to completion
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.Linsco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Design Coordinator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"