Doncaster, South Yorkshire
Salary: £35k plus package
My client are a General Construction Contractor, who work across several key sectors including Retail, Commercial, Residential (private and social), Leisure, Public Sector, Bespoke, Education and Health. They work on regional projects between £50k and £2m
Working within their main contracting division; hey now require a Design and Technical Coordinator to manage a number of upcoming projects which are due to start later this year.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Design Coordinator will be responsible for all site activities including viability studies, planning applications, taking through to site and providing technical support.
- Collate the Pre-Construction Health & Safety plan for approval.
- Prepare / amend and monitor the Procurement Programme, Timber frame and / or Concrete Schedule and manage problems / slippage. Lead regular progress meetings, record and circulate minutes.
- Monitor progress of tender issue.
- Monitor costs / budgets monthly for fee expenditure.
- Check invoices for approval.
- Register properties with NHBC / Building Control.
- Manage the progress and procurement of the commissioning of road & sewer designs relative to architect layouts ensuring that Technical Approval is received prior to start on site.
- Programme the laying of on-site service mains.
- Manage the progress and procurement of the commissioning of foundation designs and detailing.
- Coordinate the production of Budget Pack and Start on Site Checklist for approval.
- Oversee and procure adoption of public open spaces.
- Oversee and procure adoption of roads & sewers.
- Full site set-up responsibility
- Progression of all required services
- Appointment and management of all external consultants (remediation etc)
To be considered for this position you will be required to have the following background and experience
- Engineering background gained with a main contractor - beneficial
- Design background may also be considered
- Experience of the full development lifecycle
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Proactive and able to manage your own workload
For more information please contact Jessica Fairbrother at Bromak on or email