The Role is for a Design Consultant working within Pre and Post Sales area of Connectivity Design for Redstone Converged Solutions.
The Design Consultant will have specific experience in the design, technical and commercial understanding of Connectivity systems and associated Industry Standards. The Design Consultant will support the Business Managers and Design Manager, being able to engage in tender responses and on-site design. It will include providing detailed designs and commercial responses.
A technically competent individual that can demonstrate confidence and professionalism in their field of expertise.
Pre - Sales Design (Tendering)
- Surveying, design and estimation of Connectivity solutions.
- Provide innovation of bids.
- Ensure that requests for quotations are returned within the required time scales.
- Ensure all quotations are produced in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Produce accurate information that can be conveyed to the operations team in the form of Pre Contract Reviews in accordance with company procedures.
- Adopt a proactive approach with the Business Managers and Design Manager continually look to provide support and technically guidance on opportunities.
- Actively engage in self development and knowledge gathering of technology that is relevant to our industry and client requirements.
- Excellent communication skills to deal with all members of the business.
- Provide formal presentations to our clients.
- Responsible for the implementation of BS ISO/IEC 27001 data security management as it applies to your job role, while upholding the ethos of the standard, associated legislation, company procedures and policies
Post - Sales (On-Site Design)
Undertake an "on-site" design role, including the development and finalisation of a connectivity design, often working within a construction environment. This will include:-
- Producing detailed general arrangement plans, detailed cabinet/frame layouts, cable density drawings and schematic diagrams to enable implementation of cabling projects
- Co-ordination of project drawings from information stage through to construction stage, working closely with other trades in a site environment
- Organising design meetings and liaison with Main Contractors, Consultants and Clients
- Maximising the design within the project budget constraints
- Carrying out design changes and liaising with Clients/Consultants
- Providing costs for additional works and maximising attainable profit on all opportunities
- Ability to identify, mitigate and minimise risk on initial project design and additional works
- Ensure Design Risk assessments are followed and endorsed on all Redstone sites
- Co-ordination of project drawings from information stage through to construction stage
Skills / Attributes RequiredEssential
The ability to work under pressure and meet response times for quotations & tenders
Excellent experience in providing costs and using costing tools.
Extensive knowledge of the pre sales process and working within a pre-sales team
1 - 2 years experience in working within a Pre-sales design department.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft products i.e. Excel, Word.
Being able to work in a team environment.
Preferred but not Essential
Experience in using Sales Logix and Estimation.
Experience in using Microsoft Project and Powerpoint
Success MeasuresDescriptionComments and Measure
Accuracy of Costs
Provide accuracy in costing connectivity projects. Hit Rate for designers would determine this.
Ability to work well with clients and understand customer requirements. .
Quality of Work
Minimise mistakes in tender and cost compilation. Checking process would highlight this
Technical skills and knowledge
Understand systems and technical designs. Training allocation needed on systems.
Ability to innovate design and produce value adds to client. Hit Rate for designers would determine this.
Good inter-personal skills.
RCDD would be desirable.
Manufacturer training i.e. Systimax
Good organisational skills.
Good communication skills both written & oral.
The ability to work well under pressure and to deal with high work loads.
Ability to read and work to electrical drawings.
Enthusiastic and dynamic personality
Presentable appearance & confident approach
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job