School Design and Technology Technician required for an immediate start within a school in Tower Hamlets.
School experienced Design and Technology Technician is required to start in a Tower Hamlets school immediately for a long term role continuing into 2018 in the Tower Hamlets area.
This role will require a candidate who has previously worked as a school Design and Technology technician to support a school in Tower Hamlets on a long term ongoing basis.
The candidate will be required to support a busy school Design and Technology department with all technician duties.
This position is to provide practical support to teaching staff and students in the Design and Technology Department.
* You will be required to prepare, provide and return tools, equipment and materials as necessary to enable staff and students to function effectively, including using woodwork machinery such as bandsaw, drill and circular saw.
* To ensure that all workshop and practical areas, tools, equipment, computer software and materials are kept in an operable and safe manner and ready for use by staff and students.
* To assist technically in the use of 2D and 3D CAD programs and to be able to technically support students in classes.
* To set up examples, specific demonstrations, exemplar works in the use of CAD/CAM to support the classroom teacher.
* To check ICT equipment before use and after use to ensure safety and that all equipment is being kept in very good condition
* Candidates with experience in woodwork and workshop practice or equivalent would be an advantage
Applicants applying MUST have a relevant qualification (A'level minimum) Applicants MUST have relevant school Design and Technology experience (6 months minimum).
- school design and technology technician