Integra People is a specialist recruitment consultancy, providing quality permanent, contract and temporary staffing solutions to clients from our wide network of UK offices.
I am looking to recruit a Deputy Ward Manager for a low secure hospital in Ebbw Vale.
As a deputy ward manager you will be expected too:
- Support the Ward Manager in implementing Directorate at ward level and for playing a key role in monitoring and evaluating the quality of care delivered locally.
- Responsible for carrying out all relevant forms of care and for ensuring the effective safe co-ordination of the daily activities on the unit in the absence of the Ward Manager.
- Provide effective leadership in ensuring nursing standards and practices are adhered to
- Ensure that all nursing and care staff understand their roles and are working within the hospitals policies and procedures promoting excellent practice in line with CQC standards.
- Provide effective operational/clinical leadership and management to achieve objectives and plans.
- Ensure staff regularly receive staff supervisions whether this is individually or in groups as per the hospital policy.
- Develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with young people and their families/carers.
- Liaise with the young person’s professional network, keeping them informed of developments and promoting multi agency collaboration.
- Involve the young person, and where appropriate, their families/carers in delivering programmes of care.
- Support the learning and development of all staff by acting as a mentor to junior nurses and care staff.
- Undertake clinical risk assessments.
- Complete and carry out treatment plans.
- Demonstrate an ability to influence good practice and address poor performance appropriately and ensure the line manager is aware.
- Assess the needs of our service users, ensuring that their care plans support and reflect their needs.
The successful candidate must have:
- Be Registered with the NMC and have an active PIN Number
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Possess good clinical knowledge and have experience in working with CAMHS
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team, delegate effectively and promote excellent customer relationships
- Motivated and have the enthusiasm and drive to support people with complex mental health issues and dual diagnoses through the care pathway to maximise independence, mental and physical well-being and recovery.
Salary for this role is up to £38,000 depending on experience.
- Perk Box
- Childcare Vouches
For more information about this exciting new role please call Leanne on 0 7 9 8 3 0 2 0 0 9 4 5
- Communication Skills
- Clinical Skills
- Leadership Skills
- CAMHS Experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job