Deputy Unit Manager & Named Training Competency Officer (in vivo)
£30,000 - £42,000
One of our most prestigious clients, a global oncology focused CRO, is looking to bring on board a Deputy Unit Manager and Named Training Competency Officer to their in vivo lab. The incumbent is intended to assist on the scheduling & supervision of Technical & Husbandry staff as well as perform experimental procedures in-line with SOPs & study protocols and ensure that staff are educated, supervised, competent and kept up-to-date with relevant legislation in line with The Animals Scientific Procedures Act 1986 & European Directive 2010/63/EU.
- Scheduling & supervision of Technical/Husbandry staff
- Train & supervise junior members of staff in line with company SOPs & regulatory requirements
- Perform experiments in-line with SOPS & regulatory requirements
- Home Office Personal License holder (modules 1-4/PIL AB C)
- Previous line management & trainer/supervisor experience, ideally 5+ years
- Educated to NVQ/GCSE/A-Level/BTEC in a relevant area
- High competency in a range of in vivo techniques with mice & small animals (oncology models is highly advantageous)
If however, you do not feel that this is the right role for you, please forward these details on as we do have a generous referral scheme in place.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications, if you do not receive a response within 48 hours, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
NTCO, Named Training Competency Officer, NACWO, Named Animal Care and Welfare Officer, animal care, animal technician, animal husbandry, CRO, oncology, cancer, Midlands, UK
- Deputy Unit Manager