As a result of internal development, here at The Nottingham we have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Treasurer to join the Treasury team.
You will have substantial experience of treasury dealing and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Society’s liquidity, wholesale and interest rate risk positions though the transacting of appropriate deals. Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be attending management committees and preparing reports on subjects such as the economic outlook and treasury dealing activity, all for a diverse range of recipient’s right up to Board level.
This is an exciting role where you will have the exposure to influence strategy and the opportunity to make a difference. Here at The Nottingham we pride ourselves on our honest, open and people-focused working culture, you will be fully supported by the Treasurer to ensure you are successful in your new role with us… we’re happy to discuss flexible working too!
Here’s a taste of what you will be doing…
- Manage the day-to-day dealing activity and the production of management information for the Leadership team or management committees
- Attend relevant management committees such as Liquidity & Funding Committee (LAF) and Assets & Liabilities Committee (ALCO)
- Make recommendations on hedging strategies and work collaboratively with the Product team to support in the pricing of the Society’s retail products
- Manage relevant activities with the Bank of England including management of collateral
- Support the design and development of the Treasury systems to create process efficiencies and enhanced dealer decision support tools for managing Treasury’s activities
- Review and make recommendations on Treasury legal agreements including GMRAs, ISDAs and funding agreements
- Deputise in the absence of the Treasurer
- Lead, motivate and identify training and development needs for the rest of the Treasury team
Your skills -
- In-depth knowledge of Treasury gained from extensive experience in a relevant Treasury environment
- Proven people management experience and able to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities
- Committed, self-motivated team player
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to convey complex, technical issues to a wide audience of people at every level within the organisation, including executive and Board
- Ability to quickly interpret the impact on financial markets of macro-economic data releases or events
- Able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with key external counterparts
- Experience of being an ALCO attendee
- Excellent time management skills, and able to manage, prioritise and delegate workload
- Highly numerate and PC literate
- Excellent analytical skills
This role falls under the scope of the Senior Manager Regime and is a Certificated role, and is subject to the Conduct Handbook which falls under the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulatory framework.
The Nottingham, who are we?
We are a friendly bunch - more human than corporate and you will find our office environment welcoming; to learn more about us, our values, and all the great benefits of working at The Nottingham please visit our website.
Please note that if your application is successful with The Nottingham you will be required to undergo background checks. All offers of employment are conditional on receipt of 3 years references and a satisfactory Financial and criminal records check.
- Financial Services
- Treasury Management
- Treasury Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'